Who doesn’t love playdough?! It is great for building those fine motor skills, fun to make and fun to play with. So let’s make some play dough that is died with natural ingredients — dandelions!
Naturally Dyed Dandelion Playdough
This recipe comes from Parenting Chaos. They have other great ideas so do check them out.
You will need:
- A big handful of Dandelion flowers (use any leftover flowers from our foraging or collect some more)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1-2 tablespoons cream of tartar
How to make your dandelion dyed playdough:
- Remove the yellow petals from the green on your flowers
- In a blender blend the boiling water and the yellow dandelion petals
- Transfer to a bowl and add in oil, salt and cream of tartar. Stir until salt is dissolved
- Add in the flour and mix until fully combined
- Knead the dough with your hands. Add any additional flour you need until the dough is no longer sticky.